Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Cinnamon Chips Nutty Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
15g caster sugar
35g veg. oil
60g cake flour
20g ground hazelnut
3 egg white
60g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
50g chopped nuts
adequate cinnamon chips
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and ground halzelnut together, set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
4. Add in the oils, milk and flour together.
5. Whisk until well combined.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan.
11.Smooth the surface and sprinkle chopped nuts and cinnamon chips on it.
12.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
13.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
14.Remove from pan and serve.